Kabuto decoration #308 "Byakudan nuri", bright-yellow braid
By Kyoto Armor
- Contemporary Kabuto on board decoration.
- All handmade by traditional techniques.
- Metal fitting pattern is Botan(peony). Typical pattern of Kyoto armor.
- A stylish Kabuto decoration. It used a technique called "Byakudan nuri" (lacquered sandalwood) where clear lacquer is painted on top of gold plated base.
- A technique that skillfully utilizes the delicate transparency peculiar to lacquer. Glittering impression in a calm atmosphere.
<size>H15 × W30 ×D18 (cm)
<Traditional technique>Forging, metal carving, metal craft, metal fittings, dyeing crafts, leather crafts, Kyoto braid, Byakudan nuri lacqured, etc.
<Main material>Copper, Brass, deerskin, Silk braid.